Teri searched and searched until she saw them dead. She couldn't eat of sleep. Teri remembered the adventures they had. All of a sudden there was a earthquake. Teri woke up. Strego was shaking her. "Let's keep playing hide and go seek," he said.
Courtesy of my eight-year-old self. *bows* Oh, and there is more. So much more.
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Hughes/Roy fic.
2. A movie by Wong Kar Wai. DVD preferrably, but beggars can't be choosers.
3. Rare Killers tracks - B-sides and stuff.
4. Radiohead B-sides/Live versions.
5. Feedback - positive, negative, or constructive. I'd just really like feedback on any of my old or new stories.
7. Mad writing skillz
8. A working DVD-Rom drive and a working USB drive
9. chocolate (any kind except for dark)
10. Fic recs. Like, the stuff that you just love so much you want to shout out about how much you love the world because that/those fics are in it.
It's raining right now. For some reason that makes me happy.