Anyway, a list of cool things I have loved lately:
- crossedwires has an A:tLA casting that doesn't completely suck
- Mark Bowden wrote an article about the Conficker worm that is really terrifying and doesn't dumb things down *too* much for people who aren't very technical. I just finished a course on Computer Security, and man, it's interesting to see a real life case study of this sort of thing.
- ThinkGeek has Ada Lovelace and Marie Curie T-shirts which are just amazing-looking. And proceeds go to The Girl Effect, which I very much approve of.
- Homemade hot and sour soup. I drank a pot of this stuff over two days, and it was AMAZING. Learning how to make this stuff was probably one of the smarter things I have ever done.
- Cameron/Clegg slash. Okay, doesn't entirely fall under 'cool,' but I spent three hours straight giggling like a crazed fangirl at lolitics_meme for being delightfully ridiculous and cracktastic (omg, the rent boy AUs). Also, I am still bitter that Clinton/Obama never caught on. I mean, I get why it didn't, but still, BITTERNESS.
- Portal, which was free until, um, a few days ago. It's a puzzle game disguised with a first person shooter UI, and it has fun dialogue, and it is as awesome as I was led to believe. It turns out that the cake isn't a lie, after all.
Anyway, what awesome things have you guys run into lately?
This entry was originally posted at http://thedeadparrot.dreamwidth.org/465562.html. You can comment there using OpenID or you can comment here if you prefer. :) comments there