1) Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - I have very many and very conflicting feelings about this. I love Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and I love his passion for educating and science, and both come through loud and clear here. I love its willingness to take potshots at people it feels are anti-science (lol, creationists) and its willingness to talk about the scientific community as a bunch of people with their own petty jealousies and biases. But idk, I think I might be too old and jaded and cynical to give myself over to its relentless optimism. There's still joy in it, though. Our universe is bizarre and terrifying and beautiful. I feel comforted by my insignificance in the face of it.
2) Monument Valley - It's a very short game, and it's not a challenging game, but it's so achingly lovely. The tagline for it is: "AN ILLUSORY ADVENTURE OF IMPOSSIBLE ARCHITECTURE AND FORGIVENESS" How can you not fall in love, just a little bit, with a game like that?
3) Jezebel's article on Disney Penises (NSFW) - So odd and so goofy and so detailed. IDEK, man. I also like the idea that it might make dudes confront what sexual objectification really is.
4) that fic writing meme
5) Getting rid of the janky carpeting at my new place.
6) Hummus and chips - I am out of hummus. Must acquire more.
7) The season finale of Korra - I've already raved about this season, so I'm going to just drop this GIF here and let you think about your life choices if you haven't been keeping up with book 3.
8) Writing! I have been slowly crawling my way through the Bucky/Natasha. Previous estimate of 8k for the first draft seems to be a vast underestimate. I'm reaching that number right now with still a good chunk of story to go. Sigh.
9) New furniture for the new place! New furniture that can be taken apart and put back together again like Legos!
This entry was originally posted at http://thedeadparrot.dreamwidth.org/558889.html. You can comment there using OpenID or you can comment here if you prefer. :) comments there